Frequently Asked Questions

The authorities in the country you are sending the apostilled documents to will need to specify this for you.

A document may require an apostille or legalization depending on the country in which it needs to be submitted. Most countries in the world are divided into two categories. Countries that are signatories to the Hague Apostille Convention require an apostille. Countries that are not part of the Hague Apostille Convention require documents to follow the (consular) legalization process.

Yes, we value our client's confidentiality. Your information will always be handled in a safe and secure manner.

Yes, please contact our Support Team.

Yes, the certificate will be a government-issued, certified document. The register’s seal may appear raised, embossed, impressed, or as a watermark.

First of all, you can always request your own vital records.

The ability to request a certificate for another person depends on the type of certificate and the vital record agency processing the request. To see if you are entitled to receive a certificate, start the order process. Once we have determined the certificate type and the vital record agency that will be processing the request, we will let you know ‘who can order’.

Vital record agencies require that information is complete and accurate to provide vital records. If information is not complete at the time of submittal, it is possible that the record may not be located. Some agencies (not all) will issue certified no-record letters when the record is not located after searching with the information provided. Refunds will not be issued for records not located.

  • Regular Mail (insecure, no tracking number, slow delivery)
  • Registered Mail (tracking number, slow delivery)
  • Courier (express with tracking number)

Although it is more expensive, for your protection we recommend express delivery by Courier (UPS/DHL/FedEx). This allows you to track your package and confirm delivery. Regular mail service is not certified or registered and does not provide this protection.

Current Legal Name – This is the name you currently use and is most likely on your passport, driver’s license, and/or ID. If you are married, this would be your first and married last name. In the ordering process, please use your own current legal name whether you are ordering your certificate or someone else’s.

Maiden Name – This is the last name of a person before any marriage, typically the last name a person was assigned at birth.

Birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates have no expiration date. However, if your copy is degraded or not all information is clearly visible, you should consider requesting a new one.